Summing up 50 years post high school......

Like others, I ventured out of OTHS (Oakwood Township High School) 50 years ago looking for some unearned freedom and ran right smack into Viet Nam.  I luckily survived that experience and in the process found a vocation and set some goals.  

To achieve what I set out to do I became a student for real.  As I did medical things in the military I did that kind of work during school, married a sweetheart who became my 1st wife and eventually prepared to embark on a new career.  Turns out the new career start and the end of the 1st marriage arrived nearly at the same time.

I worked in several jobs picking up good experience and also met my 2nd wife who has been my wonderful partner over the last 32 years.  I continued in a rigorous career of managing healthcare usually doing assignments less attractive to others but appealing to my tastes.  

In 1994 I had my first symptom of cardiovascular heart disease that continued to worsen through 2005 when I decided after 40 years, I needed to stop work and concentrate on getting healthy. 

So now we live very simple, healthy, uncomplicated, stress free lives.  My wife is an exceptional water color artist and I spend most of my time on family genealogy.  I volunteer twice a week working with a surgical team which performs high volume spay & neuter services mostly doing logistical things in that environment.

I laugh sometimes to myself thinking that I am doing some of the very same duties that I was performing in 1967 and think that is pretty neat.

I try to stay out of trouble and at night before I go to sleep and realize that I have not caused any trouble; I mumble “Well played, Rowdy Yates, Well played” then drift off into the night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let’s see, how much time did I spend on yard work today? Let me break it down:

The Interesting Birthday Party